Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Peer UI Programming

The data gathering bug, which resulted in me gathering data for only my single user instance instead of gathering data for every user and consolidating them in a single daily project data instance, was a result of me not being logged in as the administrator of the project over which I was trying to gather data.

When logged in as the owner of a project the mail and all its formatting seems to work fine, although I will need more data in order to verify this. Right now have switched all efforts onto working on the alert implementation of the emailer which includes its own timer task implementation because the default Alert interface was dependent upon the default timer task, and therefore the default emailer which does not support html emails. Speaking of which I still need to figure out why the email does not display properly when viewed in gmail. As Robert says it is probably the external stylesheet and .gif links embedded. I will have to find a way to circumvent this eventually. With the TimerTask I need to figure out: 1) How to implement a second differential instead of a single set hour each day, 2) Where the alert makes calls to the actual Java code.

So the final to do list for the remainder of the semester looks like this:
1) Alert
2) Resolve Email issues
3) Fix the UI data gathering issues
4) Persist the data gathered from the UI

Wow I might actually finish this thing on time.

I have no idea what I'm going to talk about tommorrow.

Yay.

No comments: