Friday, April 20, 2007

Houses that Open and Ghosts in the Shell

The open house event was fun and informative since up until now I've never been privy to any of the products and services that they provide to the DoD. Models and Simulation, Autonomous Agent systems and Data Mining are all things that I love reading about and hope I have a chance to work on at some point later, if not for a company then certainly from a personal research perspective.

An autonomous agent system for Hackystat would be interesting. Sending the agents out into the web, to crawl and collect data, which they send back to the central Hackystat repository. Would be cool to see in action. I especially liked the microwave emitter demo and their dispersion algorithm. I still would like to do something modeling systems of objects in their relationship to one another. Like the swarming or flocking presentations I've given in other classes.

Would any of it work for Hackystat, who knows. I haven't even taken an AI course yet =\. Remind me to ask the guys in the lab for a good AI book.

Still still still trying to track down the dpd bug. I think it might have something to do with the fact that sending a single project instance to the data gatherer returns data, but iterating over all the projects owned by a user returns the indication that every project has zero data. Hmmm. The interface I don't think is a bug rather than I need to implement the request hooks instead of just trying to pull the data from the main UI java class. Should shoot for getting this done by this weekend.

No comments: