Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Drilldown Issues

I wish subversion had a browser that cached all of your old versions, so that you could browse through your old code in case you changed something that you needed but didn't necessarily want to revert everything back to that previous version.

I didn't have a problem early getting the daily project details summary strings, but for some reason i'm having a much harder time getting the drilldowns. I can't tell if i'm trying to look at the wrong day's data, or if there is no data associated with this user for this particular day. Or if i'm just messing up on the data gathering side. Or maybe the project isn't getting loaded correctly for that particular user when hackystat gets deployed.

Now i'm just venting. I need to keep track of these issues and eliminate them one by one. If I could even determine that there is indeed data to look at before I try to manipulate it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you can compare current version to any versions in the history using log function. With TortoiseSVN, selecting your file, right click you mouse to pop up the menu. Selecting "show log" will bring up a new window with all revisions of that file. You can compare any two versions using the logging window.